About The Process
Our unique approach to Academy Conversion is to provide a simple step-by-step guide that puts the information in the hands of the school decision makers enabling them to make a fully informed decision about the benefits and costs/risks for their school, before they commit a large amount of resource. Our modular phased approach means you are in control.
- Phase 1 - From Concept to Decision - An informed decision by the Governing Body
- Phase 2 - From Decision to Conversion - Completing the conversion
- Phase 3 - Post Conversion - Our Post Conversion Care Promise
- Our Flexibility Promise - Flexibility where and when you want it
From Concept to Decision
The purpose of phase 1 is to ensure that all the relevant information, facts and risks are made available and completely understood to enable the Governing Body and SLT to be fully confident in making the decision over whether to convert. Packed with practical advice gleaned from many conversions, we take the school through a step-by-step guide to making the decision. As well as access our unique Academy Portal we include support, guidance and briefing notes in:
- The process, pitfalls and practical solutions
- Full cost benefit and risk analysis
- Understanding what services you will need to procure and what the LA must provide without charge
- Taking people with you
- Stakeholder Consultation and sample letters & examples of best practice consultation documents
- Implications for Governors and Staff
- Making the decision, weighing up the benefits, costs and risks
- Passing the resolution and applying to the DfE
From Decision to Conversion
The purpose of phase 2 is to take the school through the whole process to conversion into an academy and to provide all the support that may be needed along this journey. Complete with practical advice gleaned from many conversions, we take the school through a step-by-step guide drawing on our Finance, HR, Property and Conversion Project Management expertise. As well as access our unique Academy Portal we include support, guidance and briefing notes in:
- Project Planning and management to ensure a smooth conversion process
- Pensions contributions, deficit and registration with LGPS and TP
- Financial closedown, finance systems, contracts, insurance, scheme of delegation and academy finance reporting and management
- HMRC and Data Protection
- TUPE consultation, Measures, Due Diligence and associated checks with example letters and questionnaires
- Property audit and review, statutory responsibilities
Post Conversion - Our Post Conversion Care Promise
We understand that there will be things that perhaps didn’t get done by the time you converted and we will advise you on the critical path elements that must be done and the elements that can, well, wait a little…. But we won’t leave you hanging! We want to build on the relationship we have with you, and post conversion we will always clarify and respond on advice we have already given and we will allow further access to the helpdesk and Academy Portal for 1 month without charge. We also offer a full range of services in HR, Finance, Property Support, Payroll, Facility Staffing and ICT, all at preferential rates. Click here to see our full range of services on our website.
Our Flexibility Promise. Flexibility Where You Want It And When You Want It.
We understand that each schools’ circumstances are unique and our Phase 1 and Phase 2 process, whilst great for most schools, may not be the best for you. Our policy is to create a process that is just right for you and we can tailor the above approach as required. Please give us a call to talk about your own circumstances.